Within Talking SIP lies the ability to unlock a powerful telephony scripting language, which serves as the gateway to a world of opportunity. Our scripting language, which is similar in syntax to Basic or Pascal, allows those customers who possess the technical and programming expertise to develop customized applications. In an industry that is driven by enhanced services, this service creation tool allows customers to rapidly respond to new market opportunities.
The only limits to this powerful scripting language really are ambition and imagination. With an open and scalable database architecture you can integrate your own backend applications that can feed information or data to a virtual channel. With such a robust and scalable architecture you are free to create the perfect application to suit your business needs. Investing in our solutions does not have to be with compromise you can extend the functionality of existing applications or create wholly new ones that serve your particular business requirements. Applications such as a lottery system, a 900 application or a stock quotation system can be easily developed within this language.
Talking SIP™ is not a compiler nor is it Visual Basic, Pascal, C, DAX, VOS, CCXML, VoiceXML, or Java. It is a development environment optimized for scalable telephone call processing. Its core is a language interpreter engine for a language that is designed specifically for call processing applications and is far more scalable than XML based systems and is far easier to program, manage and extend than graphical service creation environments.
The scripting language allows you to program the system without regard to the multitasking nature of a telephony system all of this is handled transparently. It also makes the telephony interface such as signaling invisible to you and lets you concentrate on the high-level behavior of your application.
As a scripting language, ours is a more traditional textual programming environment so that you can choose the development editor that best serves your development style. In contrast to a graphical, connect the box type of service creation tool we allow customers to develop applications that can be created more rapidly, extended in the future and managed more easily. Without a doubt a graphical environment will allow you to create the most basic systems very quickly but as the application becomes more and more complex the ability to manage and administer the application becomes more unwieldy. Anyone with traditional programming experience will feel comfortable with our language and will be able to gain competency and proficiency quite quickly.
The following is a list of some of the features of our scripting language:
- Full Database Support to add, edit or delete records, check for EOF and BOF, and cursor management (First, Last, Next, Previous)
- Automatic script management with existing management tools including the web interface.
- Ability to jump between applications and trigger calls within applications.
- Global variables with up to 63 character names. May be explicitly declared or declared on first use.
- Math functions with up to 16 levels of parenthesis in each expression.
- Control Flow includes if/then; if then else; while, repeat and goto.
- Control Flow may be nested up to 32 levels deep.
- Supports subroutines for gosub/return.
- Comprehensive string manipulation.
- Disk and file functions to check the existence of a file, delete a file, copy a file and check free diskspace.
- Ability to set status information from within the script to the event monitor.
- Full access to system variables including the ANI, DNIS, IP Address, Called Party, Calling Party and Info-digits of the current in progress call.
- Date and time functions including current date, current time, current day of the week, date and time stamps, timers, delays and differences between dates.
- Full range of telephony functions to play prompts, retrieve DTMF digits, speak dates, times and numbers, virtual line and trunk management and dialing.
- Support for hook operations such as answer, dial and hang up.
- Billing functions to rate calls, time calls and insert billing, call data and traffic records into the database.